Website Johnson & Johnson
Janssen Research & Development (“JRD”), a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Scientist in Data Science & Cell Therapy.
This is a 2-year fixed term contract.
This position can be located in multiple countries: Germany (Berlin or Neuss), Belgium (Beerse), Netherlands (Leiden), Spain (Madrid) and United Kingdom (Buckinghamshire) This is a hybrid role but remote may be considered on a case by case basis, if approved by the leadership team. This role will have up to 15% travel.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, pulmonary hypertension, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit https://www.janssen.com.
The Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning team within Janssen R&D Data Science organization develops innovative insights and solutions by leveraging multi modal datasets, advanced algorithms, and high performance computing across multiple disease areas.
We are looking for an outstanding post-doctoral scientist whose responsibilities will include:
- Analyze biochemical and biological datasets from various R&D labs and biomanufacturing sites to enhance the understanding of critical material attributes, critical quality attributes, and critical process parameters by using high dimensional data analysis and machine learning.
- Build novel or enhance existing machine learning/deep learning algorithms for AI-assisted bioprocess development and biomanufacturing operations.
- Guide the design of new experiments, the selection of manufacturing operating range, and build predictive models of unit operations by leveraging supervised and unsupervised machine learning on historical experiments.
- Actively participate in building lab and manufacturing data analysis and modeling pipelines to develop re-usable software assets for biomanufacturing platforms.
- Contribute to experimental design and process development activities in collaboration with BioTherapeutics Development & Supply (BTDS) teams across Janssen, such as defining “what” and “why” particular quality attribute needs to be monitored.
- Inform lab instrument selection and contribute to analysis planning.
- Communicate results to internal stakeholders and external partners through project reports and peer-reviewed research publications.
- A recent Ph.D. degree within 3 years in a quantitative field such as computational immunology/biology/chemistry, bioinformatics, chemical/biochemical/biomedical engineering, bioengineering, biotechnology, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related discipline.
- Strong background in modeling and simulation of biological systems and/or biomanufacturing unit operations.
- Experience in processing and analyzing large datasets from different single cell assays.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, R, MATLAB and writing re-usable and well documented code.
- Demonstrated scientific excellence as measured by publications and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Experience with high performance computing and agile project management.
- Familiarity with biotherapeutics discovery and development.
- Familiarity with cell therapy development and manufacturing.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.