Job Role Summary
The Data Science organization within ExxonMobil Technology and Engineering Company is responsible for developing end-to-end data science solutions to improve decision making on a wide range of topics. We are looking to hire candidates who will work closely with subject-matter-experts (SMEs), data engineers, and machine learning engineers to develop and deploy innovative solutions to address business needs. The position will be located in Spring, Texas.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify new data science opportunities
- Foster innovation and interested in developing deep expertise in Data Science tools and practices
- Develop proof-of-concept solutions to demonstrate technical feasibility
- Work in a global environment and interact with a team of architects, machine learning engineers, software engineers and business line SMEs to solve interesting and challenging Data Science problems and deploy production-grade solutions
- Document and present solutions to business partners, stakeholders, peers, etc
- Masters or Ph.D. in Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related scientific discipline
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong expertise in at least one of the following areas: Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Statistical Modeling; expertise with state-of-the-art algorithms, libraries, and frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle: Fundamentals of Architecture, Automated Testing, Separation of Concerns, and Deployment. Experience with containers for development and deployment is highly preferred
- Proficiency in Python and SQL are required
- Proficiency in R, MATLAB, and C++ are an advantage
- Expertise in cloud computing is highly preferred
- Industry experience is preferred
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.