Website St. Thomas University
**This is an on-site position. Remote workers will NOT be considered.**
You will be joining St. Thomas University (STU) at an exciting moment! Under the dynamic leadership of President David A. Armstrong, J.D., STU has had four consecutive years of record enrollment and we’ve set fundraising records too. Our campus footprint is also growing. In the past two years alone, we’ve opened the state-of-the-art Gus Machado College of Business, a new weight room for our student athletes, as well as a turf athletic field, residence hall, and a student center. And, we are going to keep growing…more students, more programs, more facilities!
As we mark our 60th Anniversary, we are setting our sights on the future while also honoring our Cuban heritage and celebrating our Catholic Identity. Come be a part of our diverse community! We are seeking energetic innovators who will help us chart the course for the University’s sixth decade of impact! Let’s work together to attract, serve, and inspire a diverse group of students who will leave STU prepared to be ethical leaders and change agents in our global community.
Located in sunny Miami, Florida, St. Thomas University is a private, non-profit university that offers 39 undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate degrees at its picturesque 144-acre campus and through distance learning. Its academic offerings include one of the oldest (and most highly ranked) undergraduate programs in Sports Administration in the country. STU has been ranked #1 by U.S. News & World Report in Social Mobility for regional universities in the South, which means it takes students from the lowest financial strata and catapults them to much higher financial strata in only ten years. St. Thomas University is the only Catholic Archdiocesan-sponsored university in Florida, and one of the only eight Archdiocesan universities nationwide.
The position will be to teach in the Masters of Science in Big Data Analytics program and the BS in Computer Science program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide undergraduate lectured courses for: Data Structures and Algorithms, Database Design, Advanced Database Systems, Software Engineering.
Provide graduate lectured courses for: Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, and Applied Machine Learning.
Develop or revise courses for Data Engineering, Database Design, Advanced Database Systems, and Software Engineering.
Carry a minimum class load of 12 credits per semester.
Available for a minimum of 12 hours a week for office hours.
Other undergraduate Computer Science and Big Data Analytics teaching, research, and advising duties as assigned.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computational Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Qualified experience teaching and working with undergraduate and graduate students.
- Able to program and instruct in the programming languages of R, Python, Java, C++, and SQL.
- Familiarity with online computing resources and cloud technologies.
- Comfortable with several classroom technological applications
- Publication track-record of teaching and conducting research in big data analytics.
- Experience with online teaching delivery.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami Gardens, FL 33054: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please provide contact information for three (3) professional references.
- Doctorate (Required)
- Higher education teaching: 1 year (Required)
- R, Python, Java, C++, SQL: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.