Website St. Thomas University
You will be joining St. Thomas University (STU) at an exciting moment! Under the dynamic leadership of President David A. Armstrong, J.D., STU has had four consecutive years of record enrollment and we’ve set fundraising records too. Our campus footprint is also growing. In the past two years alone, we’ve opened the state-of-the-art Gus Machado College of Business, a new weight room for our student athletes, as well as a turf athletic field, residence hall, and a student center. And, we are going to keep growing…more students, more programs, more facilities!
As we mark our 60th Anniversary, we are setting our sights on the future while also honoring our Cuban heritage and celebrating our Catholic Identity. Come be a part of our diverse community! We are seeking energetic innovators who will help us chart the course for the University’s sixth decade of impact! Let’s work together to attract, serve, and inspire a diverse group of students who will leave STU prepared to be ethical leaders and change agents in our global community.
Located in sunny Miami, Florida, St. Thomas University is a private, non-profit university that offers 39 undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate degrees at its picturesque 144-acre campus and through distance learning. Its academic offerings include one of the oldest (and most highly ranked) undergraduate programs in Sports Administration in the country. STU has been ranked #1 by U.S. News & World Report in Social Mobility for regional universities in the South, which means it takes students from the lowest financial strata and catapults them to much higher financial strata in only ten years. St. Thomas University is the only Catholic Archdiocesan-sponsored university in Florida, and one of the only eight Archdiocesan universities nationwide.
A Computer Science adjunct faculty member, teaching in either the Master of Science in Big Data Analytics program or the BS in Computer Science program, or both
- Capable of teaching undergraduate in-person lectured Computer Science courses such as Data Structures and Algorithms, Database, Software Engineering, and programming in C++, Java, and Python.
- Capable of teaching graduate in-person lectured evening courses for: Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, Applied Machine Learning, and Analytics.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computational Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Statistics or a closely related field required for teaching in the graduate programs.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Computational Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science or a closely related field required for teaching in the undergraduate program.
- Qualified experience teaching and working with undergraduate and graduate students.
- Able to program and instruct in the programming languages of R, Python, Java, C++, and SQL.
- Familiarity with online computing resources and cloud technologies.
- Comfortable with several classroom technological applications
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami Gardens, FL 33054: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please provide contact information for three (3) professional references.
- Master’s (Required)
- Higher education teaching: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.