In order to complete The Certificate of Advanced Scientific Computing students must:
- Download and fill out the registration form. Have the form signed by your advisor and then submit the form, either via email or in person, to Julia Esposito (email@example.com)
- Complete four credit units. Options include:
- 1 C.U. in Theoretical and Applied Mathematics; examples include: CIS 5620 (Computer Animation), CIS 5450 (Big Data Analytics), ENM 5020 (Numerical Methods and Modeling), CIT 5960 (Algorithms and Computation), and others
- 1 C.U. in Computer Simulations; examples include: CIS 5600 (Interactive Computer Graphics), BE/CBE/SCMP 5590 (Multiscale Modeling of Chemical and Biological Systems), MSE 5610/MEAM 5530 (Atomic Modeling in Materials Science), SCMP 7000 or SCMP 5590 (Design Project or Independent Study), and others
- 2 C.U.’s in Machine Learning: ENM 5310 (Data-driven Modeling and Probabilistic Scientific Computing), CIS 5190 (Applied Machine Learning), STAT 5710 (Modern Data Mining), BE 5160 (Introduction to High-Performance Scientific Computing), and others
- Please reach out to Julia or Ravi regarding course exceptions. This certificate is intended to be flexible and is not an all-inclusive list of potential courses.
- Attend at least 2 workshops hosted by PICS. More information here.
- Attend 8 AMCS or PICS colloquium, hosted on various Fridays from 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST. More information here.